Domiciliary Support Worker
£19,312* - £20,092* + 8% *Pro-rata
St. David's Park
Permanent - Part Time
Closing Date: 31/12/2020
Domiciliary Support Worker – Carmarthenshire
The Permanent posts are for a guaranteed minimum of 17 hrs 30 minutes, up to maximum 26 hrs 15 minutes hours per week.
£19,312* - £20,092* (Grade D) + 8% *Pro-rata
(£10.81 - £11.25 per hour)
We are looking for committed, enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our dynamic Domiciliary Care Service.
You will be providing that all important support to our service users across the county of Carmarthenshire.
The role is to support our service users to live happy, independent lives, and ensuring at all times we promote a person-centred approach. In doing so, you will be providing:
• Personal care duties
• Manual handling, using equipment where required
• Meal preparation
• Assistance with medication (as per the Authority’s Medication Policy)
• Promoting service user health and wellbeing, enabling them to live their life to the full
We provide full training for the role, followed by shadowing shifts with an experienced Support Worker, who is there to help you adjust to your new role. Our one team approach ensures dedicated support to every member of staff within the Service through Supervisors, Seniors, Service Support Team and our Out of Hours Service, which supports the Authority’s Lone Working Policy.
Benefits of working with our Service
• Established and trusted brand
• Local Authority Pension Scheme
• Variety of flexible working arrangements including split shifts, mornings, afternoons and weekends
• Full Induction Programme
• Use of Smart phones to retrieve rotas, emails and to ensure two-way communication
• Full uniform attire and all personal protective equipment supplied
• As a new employee your first DBS is paid for by the Authority
• Paid Annual Leave
• 45p per mile paid along with paid travel time
• Excellent career progression and development opportunities with tailored Learning and Development programmes
• Access to Pool Vehicles
A full and valid driving license is a requirement for this job role.
For an informal discussion please contact:
• Duty Supervisors - 01267 246928
• Eleri Gealy – 01267 242474
A basic knowledge of Welsh is required to accomplish this post. Support can be provided on appointment to reach this level.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be requested for this post.
As part of the Council’s Policy and Procedure it is now a requirement that employees must register with the DBS Update Service for which there is an annual subscription fee of £13 borne by the individual. The Authority will pay for the initial DBS check.
Carmarthenshire County Council reserve the right to close vacancies if a large number of suitable applications are received. We encourage early submission of applications to ensure consideration for the post.
Please click on the link in the Downloads box below to view a .pdf copy of the Job Profile and Person Specification.
You will need to sign in to your account before clicking on Apply for this post.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide evidence that you have the right to live and work in the UK?