*This post is restricted to internal applicants only*
Closing Date: 18/04/2021
Waste & Environmental Services / Trostre Depot
£25,481 - £29,577 (Grade G)
An opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Supervisor to join the busy and challenging frontline Refuse and Recycling service.
The successful applicant will be predominantly based at the Trostre Depot but could, at any time, be required to work from a different depot or location.
Applicants will need to be a highly motivated, committed, enthusiastic and have substantial experience of working within a progressive and demanding frontline service
Post specifications are available via the Job Profile but applicants will also need to prove;
• That he/she holds a minimum of a Class 2 LGV license and have an extensive knowledge of driving rules and regulation for both Domestic and European legislations.
• Possession of a current, and valid, CPC card.
• A working knowledge and experience of the rules, regulations and procedures relating to ALL Refuse and Recycling operations.
• Extensive knowledge of Supervisory duties within a busy, increasingly demanding front line service.
• Good communication skills and the ability to convey themselves over multiple levels.
• The ability to prioritise increasing workloads and schedules to ensure the most effective distribution of manpower, plant and other resources.
• An extensive knowledge of Heath & Safety, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work relating to Refuse & Recycling operation in order to ensure crew compliance.
• Substantial experience of working within a busy environment, with ever changing priorities and deadlines.
• That he/she possesses the operational knowledge necessary to assist the Assistant Manager in the effective management and supervision of operational and financial performance within the section.
The successful applicant will, at times, be required to work outside of normal core hours, sometimes with little or no prior notice. There may also be a need to work weekends and Bank Holidays where necessary.
Conversational Welsh is required to accomplish this post. Support can be provided on appointment to reach this level.
For an informal discussion please contact Nigel Allinson on 01554 784173 / NAllinson@carmarthenshire.gov.uk
Brexit - EEA and Swiss nationals who are NOT eligible to apply for a right to work in the UK under the EU Settlement Scheme must have some other form of immigration permission entitling them to work from 1st January onwards. For further information please visit;